Saturday, September 29, 2007

Crochet Me: Fueling the crochet revolution

(I cross posted this from a piece I wrote for the EtsyFAST Blog. I think this is a great little site so I wanted to share with people who may not read that blog.)

Looking back on it, I have to admit, I am a crocheter. It's not an embarrassing thing to admit. I just haven't done it for a long time. Since I learned to crochet (again) 4 years ago, I have become a spinner, dyer, knitter and lover of all things fiber arts. (Trust me, my next ambitions are felting and weaving!)

Today, I had to chance to sign up for a new website called Crochet Me.


This site is really just getting started as an interactive community. Before that it was an online magazine founded by Kim Werker, editor of Interweave Crochet. Crochet Me is designed to bring together crocheters across the world. It features patterns submitted by members, tips and tricks for your crochet projects and a forum which offers a chance to connect with other members to get answers for your questions.

I have already signed up at the site to look around. For me the best part of the site is that I can favorite patterns that are listed on the site so that it is easy to find them again. This may not seem like much now, but as the site grows larger searching for patterns would most likely become difficult.

So for all my fellow crochet fiber artists, pop on over to Crochet Me. (My username is Froggy, same familiar avatar. Feel free to say "hi" while your there!)

No comments: