Thursday, February 5, 2009

Recent "hop"penings 'round the lilypad

Corny I know, I couldn't help it.
I haven't posted much on my blog and I am a bit ashamed considering the extra time I have on my hands. In between entertaining the idea of getting a new job I have been working on my two storefronts. I have added a couple of listings to my Etsy and I'm up to ten listings on my ArtFire. Just a few more and my $7 dollars a month will be in use. No point paying if I'm going to keep ten or less items so I'll be listing a few more items there.

Recently I visited Sheepish in Decatur, Georgia. This was only my second visit but it truly is a lovely store. True, its smallish, but its really going to have to grow in its own time. Both times my family found the staff friendly and I found them knowledgeable. Huge plus! I was at another local Atlanta yarn shop that day and people clammed up the minute we walked in the door. Well excuse me for invading your quiet little home away from home! If you don't want to be around people, keep your knitting in your house.



I got some sweet goodies at Sheepish. First, I picked up some Lorna's Laces wool top in nice, bright colors. I'm pretty tired of winter right now so its a nice pick me up. I also picked up a bundle of Alpaca with a Twist (pictured above) in white and a pair of size 19 needles which have already been put to use. All in all, it was a nice relaxing daytrip and one I was able to enjoy it without waiting through all the weekend traffic. YAY!

No comments: