Saturday, May 10, 2008

Crafty Tattooing

I don't know about you but I think tattoo artists are some of the most creative people around. They just choose to express themselves visually through permanent designs on the canvas known as the human body. I myself have one opting to keep it on my upper thigh away from public viewing. It's cute, its simple, its Eeyore. Don't tell Disney they might sue.

Recently I have been thinking of getting a new tattoo. (Well, I'm always thinking about it and never affording it. Plus, my first one was an experiment to see if I could handle it. There was one that was much more elaborate and would have been located on my back that I have wanted since I was 14. Dad always told me it was a fad and would go out of style... silly old man!) The new image I want would be a tiny traditional style spinning wheel and would fit just on the inside of my wrist. I would literally be able to cover it with a bandage. (Which is a must since my job requires that tattoos do not show.) Then I debated getting a knitting needle/crochet hook/handspindle combo on the opposite inside wrist. I don't know about this one, but maybe next tax time will bring about a miniature spinning wheel that I can take with me forever. Ultimately, I am a huge wuss so I won't be getting anything new for a minute or so. Something about being responsible.... sheesh!

Of note, the best crafty tattoo I have seen is this. (Be careful if you view any other page on the Modblog site as its not all family friendly.) I absolutely love this tattoo and wish I was brave enough to get a piece as nice (and crafty) as the lady in the photo.

No comments: