Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Try this! (not for the weak of heart)

This month is National Novel Writing Month. The idea is basic. Write a 50K novel in 30 days. Seems impossible, right? So why would anyone do it!
I don't know but thousands are and so am I. I'm not very far by all means but thats alright for me. I would love to finish 50K words in 30 days but seriously, the 576 words I have already written to date is more than I have done in years. If you want to take up the challenge its not to late. Join the fun at NaNoWriMo.


Another fun thing to try for all you knitting fiends is National Knit a Sweater Month. Goal here... you guessed it, knit a sweater in one month. Check out this post on knitgrrl's blog. I may take this one up too since I have a baby sweater pattern I am supposed to be knitting on. Baby sweater means takes less time, right?


And finally, last but not least, is National Blog Posting Month. Are you the type of person who swears this time they will be a better blogger. I know I am. So much so that I haven't even looked into this because that's a sure FAIL. However, you might do well at this. You may even be a natural at daily blog writing and just really need that extra push. If that's the case then this is certainly for you. Check out NaBloPoMo.


So, if your up for a challenge then there's something for everyone this month. (Outside of avoiding the mad cap crazy crowds at 4 am the day after Thanksgiving.) If nothing else take a trip around these sites and be inspired by those who have time in their schedule to participate in these different challenges. Heck, even leave a comment cheering them on!

3 comments:

Debbie Barr said...

I've never done the other challenges, but I've done Nanowrimo twice and it is intense! But good. Just don't end up writing 35k in the last week like I did, because that was not fun.

I'm not doing it this year, though, but I'm happy to be a cheerleader for those who are working on it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alpaca Farmgirl said...

Oooh! I would love to write that much. Lost my farm manager and have 40 more hours of work to do so maybe next year.

Just wanted to stop by and see what you are up to. Hugs!