Friday, August 20, 2010

Evening Guest

Yesterday after dinner the family and I got out of the house. Getting out of the house is just a fancy way of saying we bummed around at a couple of local stores due to the fact that we were bored at home. It was about 7pm when the journey started and about 8:30 pm when it ended. It was an abrupt ending with a small bit of a fuss with the boy. Sad.

Then we were home and the dog must be fed. After the dog is feed it is inevitable that she must go out. So out she went on her leash to the front yard. On the way back in I glanced at my potted plants on the porch. (Oh the story of trying to grow tomatoes in a back room. Trying only to find out there wasn't enough light and forcing you to stick them on the porch late in the summer.... oh the story.) Glancing away from the pots to open the door my eye spotted something in the dim porch light. 

Oh my, it looks like we have a temporary guest and we didn't even know it.



I wondered were the holes in the dirt were coming from. Silly me, I thought it was the neighborhood cats. Nope, not so. It was just a fellow froggy.

No comments: