Monday, November 17, 2008

New Handmade Crafting Site

Hey, I was introduced to this great little crafting site called Art Fire. Its new and in the works and looks to have a lot of potential. There were a lot of other sites that cropped up after Etsy made it "big" but this is the first one that I had a good feeling about. I have even gone the paid membership route because it was a good deal and I didn't want to miss it.
My store will be located at here.

In other more exciting news. I have gotten a new camera! I would take a picture of the new camera with the old camera but my son has somewhat co-opted it for his own picture taking purposes.

Also, I am in the process (or have completed) a trade in which I will no longer have a drum carder but in its place I will own an Ashford Country. Woo! First real (i.e.- wooden) wheel.
Currently in the way of projects: I have started a commissioned blanket knit with Heaven yarn from my LYS. Its so soft and made from nylon. This is for a baby blanket for someones 4th grandbaby! I hope it comes out well. I will upload pictures as soon as I get used to my camera. It's just a bit different taking pictures with this. I don't know all of the idiosyncrasies that come with using a camera for six years.

Now, moving forward I am going to make a strong effort to get back on track. My mom once said a cluttered house is a sign of a cluttered mind. Seriously, you don't want to know what my house looks like (even on a good day.) =D

Check out that new site, I really think it will be worth it. Yea, its in "BETA" but if they stay the course they really will have something going.

No comments: