Monday, February 15, 2010

Thoughts of Sewing

I purchased my very first sewing machine roughly this time last year so I think its so appropos that I have purchased my first real and focused sewing book this year. Not that I didn't have resources. My mother in law gave me a ton of books on sewing and the Friends of the Library sale netted a cool Reader's Digest book on the subject. After a practice sewing session I even made my very own craft tote.... a year later it still doesn't have handles but who cares!

This book... I am so excited about finding this book. I always go to the crafty section of the local Barnes & Noble to see what's been added to the stock. Earlier in the week while we were just wasting time trying not to lay about the house my husband found a great little sewing book. I took a look and fell in love. The reason... simple, I want to make bags.

I practically sat down on the floor of the craft section to read this book. (Okay, I actually did...) I love how simple this book is and I really look forward to using it as a guide. My goal is to make simple lightweight totes that are cute and fun for craft projects. Simple. Lots of work but its not about the work. It's about the journey.

No comments: